About two months ago, I lost my full-time job due to the extreme panic attacks and depression I was going through at the time. I was hospitalized for about two weeks, and during that time got set up with medication management and therapy, which have been helping my mental state immensely. Unfortunately, despite the 30+ hours per week I’ve been spending trying to find a job since then, I haven’t had any luck finding a replacement job. I’ve had a couple of promising interviews, but no results as of yet.
My goal with this campaign is to raise enough money to get our rent covered for this month and next month so I have a little more time to find and secure a job. If this campaign gets funded, even partially, it will help to ensure that my three year old and I don’t end up on the street.
Details and Perks
- I’m looking to raise $1500
- I’m expecting about $150 of the goal to go towards the various fees involved in the indiegogo process.
- The remaining $1350 will be just enough to cover:
- This month’s rent and next month’s (at $475/month)
- Two months’ worth of late fees (appx. $75/month)
- About $250 left over to put towards an additional month’s rent if absolutely necessary. If it turns out it’s not necessary, I will use the remaining $250 to create trinkets for everyone who donated.
- If I’m not able to reach my entire goal, the funds will go towards moving expenses and helping my mother with bills since we would more than likely be moving in with her.
- I will send a personal thank you note to every person who donates, no matter how much
- If you donate between $10 and $30 I will send you a handwritten thank you note through the post, or scanned and sent via email if you prefer
- If you donate between $30 and $50, my son and I will create you a handmade card as your thank you note
- If you donate between $50 and $100, I will draw a sketch of whatever you want on your handmade card and my son will help me color it (either by choosing the colors I use, or by actually coloring it himself, whichever he feels up to at the time)
- If you donate $100 or more, you will receive an digital audio copy of my son and I singing our rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, as well as the personalized handmade thank you card
Other Ways You Can Help
I absolutely understand if you are unable to contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help!
- Reblog my tumblr post
- Use those Indiegogo share tools!
- Tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
- Every little bit helps!
- Everybody who shares this campaign will get a special mention on my tumblr.